Saturday 20 November 2010

Abandoned project idea



For the first 5 weeks or so I had been working towards making an animated music video for my final year project. I had done some initial sketches and design work and produced a rough animatic. The basic aim was to create an animation using a demo that my friend had recorded. I wanted to use cut out animation only primarily as a way of making sure I could complete it (the song is 4 minutes long which is a lot of animation) and also because it would be more focused on the illustrative side of things which is one of my goals. In the end I abandoned it because I didn't feel it had enough depth in terms of development. I wanted get into the character design side of things and also build on my storyboarding skills which I didn't think I would get a chance to do with this idea. Although I've had to start my project from scratch I'm still glad I made the decision to change it. Hopefully I'll be able to go back to the idea in the future and perhaps develop it as a personal project.

No comments:

Post a Comment