Friday 19 November 2010

Kung-Fu Panda Opening Sequence

Possibly the main motivation for deciding to do an animation for my final project came from watching this opening sequence from possibly my favourite animated feature; Kung-Fu Panda! Besides being an awesome movie the opening sequence is really something that inspires me. In this sequence they manage to make use of both cut out and hand drawn animation while blending them together seamlessly, primarily using After effects I believe. I've studied this 2 minute piece probably more than anything this semester and I'm finding myself continually going back to it as a source of inspiration as I'm fascinated by this new take on what is essentially "limited animation". I also like how they use the stillness with this style, something the Japanese have perfected, where there can be very little going on in terms of actual animation but where tension and drama are still being built up. A key aspect of my project at the moment is looking at how far this technique can be stretched.

No comments:

Post a Comment